So this project made me want to punch a lot of things. Mostly because 1. it took fucking forever and 2. I ended up having to do the majority of it on my mom and brother’s computers because mine was busted until two days ago.
BUT BUT BUT I FINISHED IT and the background is really rushed but you know what suck it up and deal if I never re-open that file again it’ll be too soon.
That being said, I have a lot of things I want to point out about this… thing.
- This was drawn as the rest of the god tier designs were being released. Namely, I started it when the Life and Void designs came out. Had I known beforehand what color the hero of Hope outfit was going to be, I would’ve designed Eridan’s outfit differently because now he just looks like a paladin.
- Lalonde and Strider’s titles haven’t actually been revealed yet, so I had to take creative liberty and go with my headcanons for them, which are Lalonde as the Rogue of Void and Strider as the Prince of Heart (completely unironically). When they actually get revealed in canon, I might go back and change it if it’s different. Or maybe I won’t.
- Paint.net is a horrible bitch sometimes.
- For the outfits I had to design myself: I really wanted Eridan to have a cape and gloves. He currently looks to me like a paladin version of Zap Brannigan from Futurama, but somehow that suits him well enough so I left it. Gamzee’s title is the Bard of Rage, and no matter what I do I can’t think the word ‘bard’ without thinking of the Shakespearian era, so we have a Shakespearian-inspired Gamzee. Go figure. Nepeta’s, Tavros’s and Kanaya’s are based loosely off their ancestors’ designs, so that’s simple enough. Sollux looks more like a warlock than a mage, but oh well. I wanted him to look kind of wizardy, I guess?
- Equius is an Heir, so he gets the same epic hood as John. I was incredibly happy to realize this.
- The setup of the whole thing: It looks like the plot of Homestuck. In the center, it starts with the four kids. And then the story expands to include the 12 trolls. And now it’s all resting on the alpha kids >3>
- I wanted to have it so that all the dead characters had their eyes open and all the living ones had their eyes closed… but then Equius’s stupid glasses got in the way of that >_>
- The reason Feferi and Eridan’s wings are different is because they’re seadwellers, and I figured normal wings would be either inconvenient or would get waterlogged and destroyed underwater, so I ended up doing these wacky fin sort of things instead. Whatevs.
Oh god I think that’s all.
Also Karkat looks like the Sufferer. I think this must’ve been done on purpose because Hussie does everything on purpose. Either way, if you zoom in close enough you’ll see that I couldn’t resist putting little red stitched x’s on his hood instead of buttons.
NAILED IT ON LALONDE AND STRIDER WOOHOO